Welcome! Our next General Meeting for Members is
Thursday, November 13th @ 7:30 p.m.
(Note: This is our Annual General Meeting)
Sara Barron will be speaking to us about
"Loss of Vancouver's Trees"
All MGs are welcome - pre-registration is not required. Please wear your nametag, bring your mug for complimentary tea/coffee, and goodies are welcome if you feel like sharing...
For the Public: Where to find us in 2014: Click here
How to Use this Website: click on the tabs above beside the Home tab, to see Vancouver related Info: Articles, Events, News, & Resources. Also look at the Home page to see what's new. Members should sign-in as some info will otherwise not be visible.
- ** NEW! Commonly asked Questions during Clinics Resource Document is http://www.mgabc.org/content/most-commonly-asked-clinic-questions-answer...
- What about EUROPEAN FIRE ANTS? here
- TOOLKIT - Issues YOU need to know about: Impatiens fungus , Insects, etc is here
- How to Submit Plant Samples for Diagnosis here
- GROW ME INSTEAD - great downloadable booklet for tablets & smartphones here
- Calendar of 2014 Meetings and Workshops : click here
More MEMBER INFO Here http://www.mgabc.org/content/2-vancouver-mg-info
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MEMBERS: we are now using the new vancouver website for all clinic & project sign up. If you do not know how to access this info please contact us by replying to any email from vancouver MGs .
Did You Know: in 2013 we donated funds to several worthy causes?
Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden for Educational Programs $1,000
Kwantlen Polytechnic University bursury to be used towards a scholarship for thier Horticulture Program $1,000
Our own Healing Gardens Outreach Programs $1,500 - these funds were dispersed between various projects in the lower mainland.
VanDusen Botanical Garden Educational Programs $5,000
Joint Meetings with Guides will no longer be possible: After careful consideration, the Guide Leadership Team decided that to dispense with the joint meetings at this time. "We have enjoyed them in the past but they are becoming more difficult for our small group to organize in a way that would be truly beneficial and of interest to both groups.We went through a major reorganization last year which has affected the way we plan our education programs. The routine of hosting a joint meeting every second year will complicate our scheduling."
The Vancouver Master Gardeners ( previously known since the mid 1980's as the Master Gardeners Association of BC ) was established in 2009. The Vancouver MGs are remain affiliated with the VanDusen Botanical Garden Association and are now under the umbrella of the MGABC Provincial Association.
What do Vancouver Master Gardeners do?
The Vancouver Master Gardeners support the mission of MGABC by:
- providing Master Gardeners with educational opportunities about gardening and environmentally responsible gardening practices
- having Master Gardeners respond to questions in garden centres, farmers markets and community events across the Lower Mainland and on the Sunshine Coast.
- staffing the VanDusen Botanical Garden Plant Information Line, writing for local papers, and speaking to community groups
- participating in a variety of community projects including assistance with horticultural therapy programs in hospitals and other institutions, working with students and teachers in local schools, and supporting “greening” projects in community parks and public spaces.