We had a great time at The Spring Affair - from Dirt to Dixter - March 13th MJ Fox Theatre - Special Guests: Fergus Garrett, Plantsman and head gardener at Great Dixter in East Sussex & Dan Hinkley, Plant hunter, plantsman, writer and lecturer
For our Members: NEXT GENERAL MEETING :
Monday May 9th , 9:30 am Speaker - Ewan MacKenzie , Topic - Prepare to be Water Wise This Summer
Mon, Jun 6/2016 @ 7:30 pm- Speaker - Nancy Moore
Topic - Success with Herbaceoous Perennials - Planted in the Right Place and Given What They Want
- What we do: provide Master Gardeners with educational opportunities about gardening and environmentally responsible gardening practices
- we respond to questions in garden centres, farmers markets and community gardens and other events across the Lower Mainland and on the Sunshine Coast.
- Answer questions via the Plant Information Line, write for local papers, and speak to community groups
- we participate in a variety of community projects including assistance with horticultural therapy programs in hospitals and other institutions
- we work with students and teachers in local schools, and support “greening” projects in community parks and public spaces. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the Public: Where to find us in 2016: Click here
Find us on Facebook - Vancouver Master Gardeners
MG Training in Vancouver at VanDusen Click here
How to Use this Website: look at the Home page to see what's new.
GREAT REFERENCE : Commonly asked Questions during Clinics Resource Document is here
What about EUROPEAN FIRE ANTS? Click here
TOOLKIT - Issues YOU need to know about: Diseases, Invasives , Insects, etc is here
How to Submit Plant Samples for Diagnosis here
Calendar of 2016 Meetings and Workshops ( sign in to the Membership Website for full details or look for dates : here
More MEMBER INFO Member-only Lecture Links from Past Meetings may be found by signing in to the Vancouver Membership Services Website. If you do not know how please reply to any emails from Vancouver MG Info
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MEMBERS: we are now using the new Vancouver membership website for all clinic & project sign up. If you do not know how to access this info please contact us by replying to any email from Vancouver MGs .
- About Us The Vancouver Master Gardeners ( previously known since the mid 1980's as the Master Gardeners Association of BC ) was established in 2009. The Vancouver MGs are remain affiliated with the VanDusen Botanical Garden Association and are now under the umbrella of the MGABC Provincial Association.
- What do Vancouver Master Gardeners do? The Vancouver Master Gardeners support the mission of MGABC by: - providing Master Gardeners with educational opportunities about gardening and environmentally responsible gardening practices - having Master Gardeners respond to questions in garden centres, farmers markets and community events across the Lower Mainland and on the Sunshine Coast. - staffing the VanDusen Botanical Garden Plant Information Line, writing for local papers, and speaking to community groups - participating in a variety of community projects including assistance with horticultural therapy programs in hospitals and other institutions - working with students and teachers in local schools, and supporting “greening” projects in community parks and public spaces.