For the Public: Where to find us in 2017: Click here
Find us on Facebook - Vancouver Master Gardeners
Master Gardener Training in Vancouver ( Vancouver Master Gardeners ) at VanDusen Click here
A SPRING AFFAIR - Lessons & Landscapes - Spring Seminar 2017 - March 12, 2017 with special guests : Noel Kingsbury, Linda Chalker-Scott, Linda Gilkeson, and Cisco Morris . tickets are $50 online, Lunch is available for an extra $8.50
We had a great time at The Spring Affair - from Dirt to Dixter - March 13th 2016, MJ Fox Theatre - Special Guests: Fergus Garrett, Plantsman and head gardener at Great Dixter in East Sussex & Dan Hinkley, Plant hunter, plantsman, writer and lecturer .
For our Members: The NEXT GENERAL MEETING is:
Monday, February 6th, 9:30 a.m.
Douglas Justice will be speaking to us about:
All MGs are welcome - pre-registration is not required. Please wear your nametag, bring your mug for complimentary tea/coffee, and goodies are welcome if you feel like sharing...
For more information on the meeting topic, please go to our membership website
- WHAT WE DO: provide Master Gardeners with educational opportunities about gardening and environmentally responsible gardening practices
- we respond to questions in garden centres, farmers markets and community gardens and other events across the Lower Mainland and on the Sunshine Coast.
- Answer questions via the Plant Information Line write for blogs or local papers, and speak to community groups
- we participate in a variety of community projects including assistance with horticultural therapy programs in hospitals and other institutions
- we work with students and teachers in local schools, and support “greening” projects in community parks and public spaces.
How to Use this Website: look at the Home page to see what's new.
GREAT REFERENCE : Commonly asked Questions during Clinics Resource Document is here
CHAFER BEETLE Lawn Alternatives here
What about EUROPEAN FIRE ANTS? Click here
TOOLKIT - Issues YOU need to know about: Diseases, Invasives , Insects, etc is here
How to Submit Plant Samples for Diagnosis here
Calendar of 2017 Meetings and Workshops ( sign in to the Membership Website for full details or look for dates : here
More MEMBER INFO Member-only Lecture Links from Past Meetings may be found by signing in to the Vancouver Membership Services Website. If you do not know how please reply to any emails from Vancouver MG Info
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MEMBERS: we are now using the new Vancouver membership website for all clinic & project sign up. If you do not know how to access this info please contact us by replying to any email from Vancouver MGs .
- About Us The Vancouver Master Gardeners ( previously known since the mid 1980's as the Master Gardeners Association of BC ) was established in 2009. The Vancouver MGs are remain affiliated with the VanDusen Botanical Garden Association and are now under the umbrella of the MGABC Provincial Association.
- What do Vancouver Master Gardeners do? The Vancouver Master Gardeners support the mission of MGABC by: - providing Master Gardeners with educational opportunities about gardening and environmentally responsible gardening practices - having Master Gardeners respond to questions in garden centres, farmers markets and community events across the Lower Mainland and on the Sunshine Coast. - staffing the VanDusen Botanical Garden Plant Information Line, writing for local papers, and speaking to community groups - participating in a variety of community projects including assistance with horticultural therapy programs in hospitals and other institutions - working with students and teachers in local schools, and supporting “greening” projects in community parks and public spaces.