The Okanagan (formerly Summerland) Master Gardener's Chapter was formed in 2004. They are affiliated with the Guisachan Heritage Garden in Kelowna. Members provide horticultural advice to the gardening public in the Southern Interior, from Osoyoos to Enderby.
What do Okanagan Master Gardeners do? Master Gardeners are volunteers who:
- hold information clinics for the gardening public at local nurseries and garden centres during the growing season.
- make presentations on gardening issues to garden clubs and similar organizations.
- write garden advice columns for newspapers and newsletters in the Southern Interior region.
- are involved in horticultural therapy activities at extended care facilities and hospices.
- participate in and sometimes lead community horticultural beautification projects.
- can be found at garden tours, Communities in Bloom judging and other gardening events.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Photo courtesy Darlene Cross - c. Patricia Ann Fretwell and spuria iris unnamed - picture taken June 2014.