The Okanagan (formerly Summerland) Master Gardeners Chapter was formed in 2004. They provide horticultural advice to the gardening public in the Southern Interior, from Osoyoos to Enderby.
What do Okanagan Master Gardeners do? Master Gardeners are volunteers who:
- hold information clinics for the gardening public at local nurseries and garden centres during the growing season.
- make presentations on gardening issues to garden clubs and similar organizations.
- write garden advice columns for newspapers and newsletters in the Southern Interior region.
- are involved in horticultural therapy activities at extended care facilities and hospices.
- participate in and sometimes lead community horticultural beautification projects.
- can be found at garden tours, Communities in Bloom judging and other gardening events.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo courtesy Darlene Cross - peony tulip in my Rutland garden, spring 2012