GOLDEN TROWEL AWARD & Nomination Form
Congratulations to Pam Harrison, winner of the 2012 Golden Trowel
The 'Golden Trowel' Award of Merit is the only Provincially-awarded recognition and is bestowed upon members of MGABC who have met the following requirements:
- Recognition by their peers as an outstanding Master Gardener
- Extraordinary voluntary contributions to MGABC in a leadership role or a key position of responsibility for eight years or more
- Have made a positive impact on the improvement of the Association or in service to the public
- Contributions to the well-being of members of the Association.
- At least eight or more years as a certified/qualified Master Gardener in good standing
- Recognized ability as a Master Gardener in a voluntary capacity
- Outstanding contributions to the association in a leadership role, and/or a combination of administrative and community/environmental service or stewardship that has benefited the horticultural community or the environment
- Nomination by at least three active members of MGABC, along with a summary of the member’s contributions which shall be submitted to the Council for consideration
- Serves MGABC and its Chapters only in a voluntary capacity
If you know of an exemplary Master Gardener fulfiling the above criteria who you think would qualify for this recognition, please use the pdf Nomination Form below. The completed nomination may be submitted to your Chapter Rep for delivery to the MGABC Council, or sent directly to the President. Deadline for submission is August 31, 2013. - Extended t o Sept 30th
This award will be presented at the MGABC Annual General Meeting.